This secretive military base in the desert is the definition of high-security. If you can slip by the incredibly dedicated guards you may just come across technology that's out of this world....
Area 17 is a reference to Team 17, the developers, and Area 51, a US Air Force base that is the center of infamous conspiracy theories involving aliens. As such, the inmates here have unusual default names and all bear an alien-masked face appearance.
|04:00 - 05:00||Rollcall|
|05:00 - 06:00||Shower Time|
|06:00 - 08:00||Job Time|
|08:00 - 10:00||Free Time|
|10:00 - 11:00||Exercise|
|11:00 - 12:00||Rollcall|
|12:00 - 13:00||Breakfast Time|
|13:00 - 14:00||Shower Time|
|14:00 - 16:00||Job Time|
|16:00 - 19:00||Free Time|
|19:00 - 20:00||Shower Time|
|20:00 - 21:00||Rollcall|
|21:00 - 04:00||Lights out|
Currently, there are 3 ways you can escape from Area 17. Here they are in order:
Perimeter Breakouts can be performed in many ways. Here are a few recommended methods:
- In order to escape, you will first need to get your intellect to 60.
- Next, you will need to get 4 items: a Plastic Key, Sturdy Cutters, a Sturdy Shovel, Sturdy Pickaxe, or Multitool, and an Adrenaline Shot.
- It will also be useful to get a Contraband Pouch, although this is not completely necessary.
- After you come into possession of all items required, you are ready to escape.
- Before the last roll call of the day, go to your cell and craft a Bed Dummy. Place it in your bed, and take the previously listed items.
- Once it hits lights out, go to the Generator and drop all of your contraband right outside of the room. This can be skipped if you took a Contraband Pouch. Turn it off, and then take your items up to the UFO room.
- Go through the Red Key door to the side of the prison, and cut through
- With your Shovel, Pickaxe, or Multitool, chip away the wall. If you get too tired, use your Adrenaline Shot to continue.
- Once you're done chipping at the wall, you can escape!
- First, make all the items for a Sturdy Shovel or Sturdy Pickaxe. If you want to speed up the process you can find the guard with the Cyan Key, and go and get the lightweight shovel from the desk in the maintenance room next to the Roll Call zone. It may not be there, but usually it will be.
- Next, get yourself a Guard Outfit.
- Finally, craft a Bed Dummy.
- You are now ready to escape Area 17.
- Wait until lights out, and then chip through the wall of your cell.
- Afterwards, go to the Guard Desk near the Roll Call zone, which is on the guard side of the place. There will be an Alien in a Jar.
- Dig up at the last spot of room. You will avoid the electric fence.
- Last but not least, go to the border wall and chip it. Avoid all spotlights or you will be caught.
- After you are done, you can regain your freedom!
There is also a third method, which can be performed at any time.
- Obtain a Multitool.
- Once you have it, go to the Roll Call zone and chip through the wall.
- Replace it and run to the the right. There should be a room with a desk.
- Dig up from this room. Now, run to the final wall. Chipping it will cause a Lockdown, but if you have the Multitool, you can make the run before the snipers shoot you.
- Once you’ve chipped the wall, high-tail it out of there!
Alternate method of the above escape
[Please provide additional information on this method!]
Congratulations! You have escaped!
I'm Only Human
This is a single player only escape, meaning that it is impossible to escape this way in multiplayer.
This escape method will have you pretend to be a human in order to depart from Area 17.
- First of all, you will need to level up your intellect to 60.
- Obtain Wad of Putty x2 and Molten Plastic x2.
- Next, you will need to beat up enough guards to find out who are the owners of Cyan Key and Red Key. When you do, make a Key Mold of each key and then make Plastic Keys from them. While you're at it, take Blank Security Pass from the guards.
- When you get the Blank Security Pass, you will need to combine it with a Jar of Ink and a Feather to create a Security Pass.
- Make your way to the surface-level (floor 1) maintenance room. Inside will be a desk in which you will be able to find Civilian Clothes. Change into them.
- Finally, with your Security Pass in hand, go to the south-west corner of the map (also on floor 1), and enter the security room with a ton of locked doors and a camera.
- Go up to the counter and interact, holding your Pass.
Congrats! Freedom is yours on Area 17!
This is a multiplayer only escape, meaning that it is impossible to escape this way in single player.
This final escape method will have you and your comrade fix the UFO on the top layer of the map.
- First, at least one of you will need to get their intellect to 60.
- Search and/or buy 2x Circuit Board, 2x Wire, 2x Battery, 4x File, 3x Roll of Duct Tape, 1x lighter, 1x Comb OR Toothbrush.
- Next, you will need to locate the Red Keycard from a guard.
- Take Circuit Board and Wire. Knock out the guard who has Red Keycard. Craft Fake Red Keycard.
- With the Fake Red Keycard in hand, go to the moon lander area, and using the card, go inside. Inspecting the moon lander you will be able to find an Empty Cannister necessary for this escape. Keep this safe.
- Craft/prepare following items: a Circuit Board, a Radio Receiver, an Energy Module and Sturdy Cutters.
- Finally, during evening roll call, the second player goes to the generator room and wait for lights out. When it occurs, he turns off the power and the first player cuts through the fence surrounding the UFO. Then second player should go to the UFO.
- After you gain access to the ship, put in the 4 items ( Circuit Board, Radio Receiver, Empty Cannister and Energy Module) one by one.
- Finally, interact with the ship to escape!
Congrats! You have flown away in a UFO to freedom!
Alien Technology Escape Guide
Perimeter Breakout Escape Guide
I'm Only Human Escape Guide