|This article is a stub. You can help The Escapists Wiki by .|
This secretive military base in the desert is the definition of high-security. If you can slip by the incredibly dedicated guards you may just come across technology that's out of this world....
The Probe is found only in this map, and along with a few other unique items found only in this map.
Area 17 is a reference to Team 17, the developers, and the Enigmatic Area 51.
|04:00 - 05:00||Rollcall|
|05:00 - 06:00||Shower Time|
|06:00 - 08:00||Job Time|
|08:00 - 10:00||Free Time|
|10:00 - 11:00||Exercise|
|11:00 - 12:00||Rollcall|
|12:00 - 13:00||Breakfast Time|
|13:00 - 14:00||Shower Time|
|14:00 - 16:00||Job Time|
|16:00 - 19:00||Free Time|
|19:00 - 20:00||Shower Time|
|20:00 - 21:00||Rollcall|
|21:00 - 04:00||Lights out|
Currently, there are 3 ways you can escape from Area 17. Here they are in order:
- In order to escape, you will first need to get your intellect to 60.
- Next, you will need to get 4 items: a plastic red key, Sturdy cutters, a Sturdy shovel and a adrenaline shot
- After you come into possession of all the items, you are ready to make your escape.
- Before the last roll call of the day, go to your cell and craft a bed dummy. Place him in, and take all your items.
- Once it hits lights out go to the generator drop all of your contraband right outside of it turn it off then take your items up to the ufo room
- Go through the Red Key door to the side of the prison and cut through
- Now with the shovel Chip the wall Away (because their are no crowbars for picks) if you get to tired use adrenaline shot to continue
Congrats! You have escaped!
There is a second way to escape in Perimeter Breakout . First make all the items for a Sturdy Shovel. If you want to speed up the process you can find the guard with the Cyan Key, and go and get the lightweight shovel from the desk in the maintence room next to rollcall. It may not be there but usually is. Next get yourself a guard outfit. Finally craft a bed dummy. You are now ready to escape Area 17. Wait till lights out. Chip through the wall of your cell. Then go to the Guard Desk near the area of roll call which is on the guard side of place. There will an Alien in Jar. Lastly, dig up at the last spot of room. You will avoid the electric fence. Last but not least, go to the border wall and chip at it. Avoid all spotlights or you will be caught. Congrats! You have escaped Area 17!
I'm only human...
This is a singleplayer only escape, meaning that it is impossible to escape this way on multiplayer.
This escape method will have you pretend to be a human in order to depart from Area 17.
- First of all, you will need to level up your intellect to 60.
- Next, you will need to beat up enough guards to find out who are the owners of Cyan Key and Red Key. While you're at it, take Blank Security Pass from them.
- When you get the Blank Security Pass, you will need to combine it with a Jar of Ink and a Feather to create a Security Pass.
- Next, get two sets of Wad of Putty, and get the Cyan Key Mould and Red Key Mould. Afterwards, create 2x Molten Plastic and create the Plastic Red Key and Plastic Cyan Key.
- During free period or work, go to the surface level with the spaceship, and make your way to the maintenance room. Inside will be a desk in which you will be able to find Civilian Clothes. Change into them.
- Finally, with your Security Pass in hand, go to the south-west corner of the map, and enter the security room with a ton of locked doors and a camera.
- Go up to the counter and press E.
Congrats! Freedom is yours on Area 17!
This is a multiplayer only escape, meaning that it is impossible to escape this way on singleplayer.
This final escape method will have you and your comrade fix the UFO on the top layer of the map.
- First, at least one of you will need to get their intellect to 60.
- Search and/or buy 2x Circuit Board, 2x Wire, 2x Battery, 4x File, 3x Roll of Duct Tape, 1x lighter, 1x comb/ Toothbrush.
- Next, you will need to locate the Red Keycard from a guard.
- Take Circuit Board and Wire. Knock out the guard who has Red Keycard. Craft Fake Red Keycard.
- With the Fake Red Keycard in hand, go to the moon lander area, and using the card, go inside. Inspecting the moon lander you will be able to find an Empty Cannister necessary for this escape. Keep this safe.
- Craft/prepare following items: a Circuit Board, a Radio Receiver, an Energy Module and Sturdy Cutters.
- Finally, during evening roll call, the second player goes to the generator room and wait for lights out. When it occurs, he turns off the power and first player cut through the fence surrounding the UFO. Then second player should go to the UFO.
- After you gain access to the ship, put in the 4 items ( Circuit Board, Radio Receiver, Empty Cannister and Energy Module) one by one.
- Finally, press E to escape!
Congrats! You have flown away in an UFO to freedom!
Alien Technology Escape Guide
Perimeter Breakout Escape Guide
I'm Only Human Escape Guide
- once someone made makshift cosh, still had the materials he used to craft, and had them till the day ended, though this glitch was never reported, and it ended, and may have only been seen once. the guy didn't escape.