Rattlesnake Springs is one of the Maps for The Escapists 2. It is the successor of Cougar Creek Railroad and predecessor of K.A.P.O.W Camp. It is a unique map due to the fact that its perimeter walls are next to unbreakable, making standard Perimeter Breakouts nearly impossible without the process of digging.
Rattlesnake Springs also features an old, already-dug mine that allows the player to escape almost effortlessly. With an abundance of Contraband Detectors however, the player must be wary of them and plan where and when to obtain Contraband needed for escape. A Contraband Pouch or its durable variant is recommended if one needs to pass through them during their escape.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Description
- 3 Jobs
- 4 Schedule
- 5 Escape Plans
- 6 Ways To Escape
- 6.1 Perimeter Breakout
- 6.1.1 Strategy 1 (Multiplayer):
- 6.1.2 Strategy 2 (Singleplayer):
- 6.1.3 Strategy 3 (Speedrun, can be either Single or Co-Op):
- 6.1.4 Strategy 4
- 6.2 Zip It Up
- 6.3 Take Out The Trash
- 6.1 Perimeter Breakout
- 7 Videos
Rattlesnake Springs is situated in the desert, and therefore is mostly outdoors. This limits the player's freedom as if their Heat rises, they must face the Guard Towers when performing actions through the day. Therefore Contraband is easily lost; if one gets detected by a Scanner or attacks a Guard, their Contraband will be taken away when knocked out by the Guard Towers.
Combined with this security are the walls that border the prison. As it is unable to be chipped directly, the player must resort to digging for a standard Perimeter Breakout. Two large-scale indoor areas are also present in Rattlesnake Springs; one of which is a utility building and the other being the Guard Quarters. On the roof of the latter building, the player can find a means of escape through a zipline. This level is 3 out of 5 stars hard!
Howdy, partner! It's well known in the Old West that if you evade the hangman's noose, the local Sheriff sends you to Fort Rattlesnake. Rustled up alongside the lowest outlaws in the county, you decide to break out of this calaboose - be it by hook or by crook!
|05:00 - 06:00||Roll call|
|06:00 - 07:00||Breakfast|
|07:00 - 09:00||Job Time|
|09:00 - 10:00||Exercise Time|
|10:00 - 12:00||Free Time|
|12:00 - 13:00||Lunch Time|
|13:00 - 14:00||Roll call|
|14:00 - 16:00||Job Time|
|16:00 - 17:00||Shower Time|
|17:00 - 18:00||Dinner Time|
|18:00 - 21:00||Free Time|
|21:00 - 22:00||Roll call|
|22:00 - 05:00||Lights Out|
- Perimeter Breakout
- Zip It Up (Singleplayer)
- Take Out The Trash (Multiplayer)
Ways To Escape
In Rattlesnake Springs there are 3 ways to escape.
The Perimeter Breakouts in Rattlesnake Springs are all seemingly simple. Strategies 1 and 2 use the Mine and supports Multiplayer and Singleplayer (respectively), while Strategy 3 is a very fast escape used for speedrunning purposes.
Strategy 1 (Multiplayer):
- During Free Time (or any of the time of the day if you are certain you can escape before Security Levels rise quickly), head to the Mine Entrance that is North of the utility building (where the Job Office, the Medic Room and Solitary are located).
- Open the Multiplayer Door with a person, and have another enter the room and press the button. This will allow the door to open, enabling the rest of the party to come in.
- Head down the ladder, and enter the Mine.
- The desk in the Mine will supply you with a Sturdy Pickaxe and possibly a few Adrenaline Shot. Acquire it, and head through the Southern door by using the same strategy that allowed you into the Mine.
- Once the entire party is out, head Southeast.
- With your Pickaxe, break the two layers of soil. You will come across a crossroads, where you take the Northeastern path.
- Another two layers of soil are present, which you must break. A Lightweight Pickaxe is present for backup.
- Once the soil is cleared, follow the path and you have escaped!
Strategy 2 (Singleplayer):
- Raise your Intellect to 70.
- Acquire two Tool Handle.
- Craft the Sturdy Shovel and the [[Sturdy Pickaxe| Sturdy Pickaxe]].
- Craft the Multitool, and up to 8 Timber Brace. (You might need to get a few more Multitools, depending on the situation.)
- Acquire 3 Bed Sheet to cover your cell bars with.
- While you are in your cell, use the Map to look at the Underground. You should see a large passageway. This is your way out!
- Use your Multitool to dig downwards, towards the passageway. Timber Braces are necessary to support your tunnel. Remember to stash Soil in another inmate's desk or flush it down! (If you decide to flush, remember to have a Plunger.)
- Connect your tunnel to the passageway, which is the Mine.
- Note: Whenever you aren't digging, make sure to pick up your or another Inmate's desk and cover the hole you have made. If you fail to do so, it may get discovered by the Guards and every inch of your tunnel will be lost!
- During any time of the day (if you are leaving at Lights Out remember to insert a Bed Dummy), enter your tunnel and make your way to the Mine.
- Head North until you reach a Multiplayer door.
- From there, head Southeast and break the two layers of soil, using any tool.
- Follow the path, and at the next crossroads, take the Northeastern path. Break the two layers of soil. A Lightweight Pickaxe has been supplied for backup.
- Follow the path, and you have escaped!
Strategy 3 (Speedrun, can be either Single or Co-Op):
- Search for any opportunity to make money. Acquire at least 70 Coins (optional)
- Acquire either a Crowbar or Iron Bar. This can be either bought or found in Inmates' desks.
- Head East on the first level of the prison. Once you have reached the Eastern wall, take the nearby staircase.
- Go all the way South until you reach the wall over the front entrance of the prison. A chair should be present.
- Chip the wall using either the Crowbar or Iron Bar. As this method is indoors, Lockdown will not automatically ensue unless you are caught by a Guard.
- Pass through the hole and jump down. You are out!
- This can be done in 1 in game hour if you get an iron bar in your cell and go upstairs, skipping roll call by going under the Waste Disposal room and chipping out.(You will be out before Roll Call ends)
Note: Consult the Video section below should you require visual help.
- Go to the storage room near the Roll Call area and woodshop.
- Start digging on the LEFT of the cupboard and dig to the mine.
- Enter the mine the block near the continue the mine.
- Head northeast until you reach a wall of Soil and a Lightweight Pickaxe.
- Get the lightweight pickaxe and upgrade it to sturdy using the timber and duct tape.
- Destroy the blocks in the way and escape!
Zip It Up
This is a Singleplayer escape only and will not work in Multiplayer.
- Reach 70 Intellect.
- Search and/or buy 2x Timber, 1x Bolts, 1x Piece of String, 2x Tube of Glue, 1x Dowel (The Dowel is hard to find and requires luck. The Woodwork job provides Timber and Tube of Glue if needed.)
- Craft Crossbow Lathe, Crossbow Body and then the Crossbow.
- Acquire 1x Tub of Talcum Powder, 1x Toothpaste, 1x Lighter, 1x Comb or Toothbrush.
- Craft the following items: Molten Plastic, Wad of Putty.
- Find the guard with the Red Key. Knocking a Guard out and checking their belongings will "identify" them, which will put a symbol corresponding to their key/keycard on the top of their icon in the Map. When you are deciding to do this, perform it inside due to the Guard Towers!
- Grab your Wad of Putty and lure the Guard with the Key to an isolated area (e.g. your cell.) Knock him out and copy the key (Put the key back on the guard's pockets afterwards).
- If you were not near your desk when you have cloned the Key, either wait until your Heat drops below 80 (by either hiding in during Free Time or skipping some routines, which is risky), or stash the Red Key Mould in another desk and get knocked out, which will reset your Heat.
- Use your Molten Plastic with your Red Key Mould to create the Plastic Red Key.
- Note: If you knock out the red key guard near the guard office and if you have the crossbow, you can simply try to avoid getting sniped (by being at full health wearing defensive clothes and knocking out the guard close to the area). Make a straight dash through the red key door and escape (requires a bit of skill)
- Acquire a Contraband Pouch. (This step is optional, but the route to get there will take longer).
- Take your Crossbow and Plastic Red Key.
- Head to the Guard Quarters. Use the pathway with the Scanner, which is North of the cells (If you don't have a contraband pouch, go through the building in the middle instead as there's no contraband detector). Enter the Quarters and take the staircases up to the top floor.
- With your Crossbow, interact with the noose-like object to escape!
Note: Videos below supply a visual guide for this escape method.
Take Out The Trash
This is a Multiplayer escape only and will not work in Singleplayer.
- Reach 60 Intellect.
- Search and/or buy 2x Duct Tape, 1x Tubing, 1x Handkerchief, 1x Trash Bags for every person of your party.
- x1 Circuit Board, x1 Wire, x1 Lighter, x1 Comb or Toothbrush.
- Grab Wire and Circuit Board, find the guard who holds a Cyan Keycard, knock them out then craft Cyan Keycard Mould and put Cyan Keycard back in the guard's inventory.
- Craft Molten Plastic and then combine it with the Cyan Keycard Mould to make a Fake Cyan Keycard.
- Craft Breathing Masks, and use them to craft the Breathable Trash Bag for every member of your party.
- Use your Fake Cyan Keycard on the keycard button next to the Waste Disposal job area to unlock the door. When one person is through, they use the button in the room to open the Keycard Door for the others.
- All players interact with the large bin in the middle of the room, holding the Breathable Trash Bag at hand.
- You have escaped!