The Escapists Wiki staff, staff members, or rights holders, are users with access to additional tools intended to aid in serving The Escapists Wiki community and maintaining its content.
A rights user is a contributor who has been either appointed or elected by the community to serve the wiki in such a capacity, granted access to features utilized in article and community maintenance. User rights are not a reward for contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than others. There is no cap on the number of staff members.
- Patrollers can utilize rollback functionality and mark edits as patrolled.
- Interwiki users contribute interwiki links to applicable articles. Their edits are automatically patrolled.
- Chat moderators have the ability to moderate, kick, and ban users from the Discord
- Discussion/thread moderators have the ability to moderate, change and remove posts from the discussions board.
- Content moderators have access to the same tools as a patroller, and in addition, can protect and delete articles/files.
- Administrators/system operators have access to the same tools as moderators, and in addition, can block users.
- Bureaucrats have access to the same tools as administrators, and in addition, can grant and revoke user rights.